The First 5 Marin Children and Families Commission guides the investment of Proposition 10 funds in Marin County.
Our mission is to advance opportunities for all children in Marin to thrive in supportive and nurturing families, enter school healthy and ready to learn, and become productive members of society.
Together with families, communities and other partners, the First 5 Marin Children and Families Commission will create a Marin where the health and welfare of all of our children influences core decisions at every level of our political and public institutions, and in every community.
There will be understanding across and among communities about the varied opportunities and needs of children. As a community, Marin will act upon the knowledge that what we do to increase the potential of less advantaged children improves the potential for all children. Families will have the knowledge and tools to advocate for their children.
As a result of our efforts, all children will have access to affordable health care, opportunities that promote success in school, and they will live in families and communities that provide for their optimal health, safety and well-being.
- Public policies support all children
- Children have optimal health and well-being
- Children are ready for school
- Families and caregivers have access to information and support
2012-17 Investment Approach
The Commission adopted a combination of strategies for utilizing financial and human resources. The investments will:
- Seed, maintain or deepen broad-based policy change efforts to improve the health, well-being and school readiness of young children and their families.
- Support transition of Commission initiatives to community ownership where there is strong evidence that such support would provide the impetus/momentum for sustainability or adoption of programs by others or promote policy change to support First 5 Marin aims.
Theory of Action & Implementation Framework
A Theory of Action and an Implementation Framework depict the Commission’s strategic approach. Please click on the links.